Saturday, July 24, 2010

Home Updates

I am so excited to share the progress we have made to our home.  I was on stand by for a base exercise all week and ended up with four free days off while Andy also had four days off due to his return from a TDY.  So, we took advantage and spent all week out in the yard trying to finish the backyard and re-do the mulch area of the front yard.  I can't believe how fast the weeds took over since we have moved in.  It took me two days of work to get all the weeds up!  I was embarrassed...haha.  But, now we have laid rock with weed blocker down in hopes for easier maintenance!  Here are some pictures of our outdoor activities this week.  Next posting will have pictures of some of our changes to the inside of the house...decoration wise.  Other than house work, we both have been riding a lot!  Work always keeps me busy and now that Andy is qualified his job will keep him busy too.  I am in another college class with only three more to go to finish my MBA!  Andy took a break this semester.  We are doing an Olympic distance triathlon in August and Andy will do his Half-Ironman in September.  Then in October we plan on participating with a team in a Tough Mudder event.  This is a 7 mile obstacle course that will take about 2.5hrs to complete...it will be our first one and we look forward to working hard and having fun.  So, that about catches you up on our life right now.





2 comments:

Jenna said...

it all looks awesome! That is exciting, I can't wait to see the inside.

Dad Mujica said...

It all looks awesome, you should be very proud of your hard work. Good luck in the Olympics this month, the Half Iron Man in September and Mud (?) sounds interesting. Love you all lots, Dad and Mom Mujica