Sunday, March 14, 2010

Checking In

Hi everyone...who reads our blog, :-)  Things are going well for both of us and our new home.  We spent Saturday boxing up stuff that we don't need out in order to prepare us for the move.  Our plan is to close on the house on 26 Mar and then use two weekends to paint some of the interior, seal grout/tile/granite, and have someone professional extend our driveway.  Then we will officially move in.  So, we want to start prepping now so our weekends are free for new home projects as soon as we close.  Thank goodness we are both organized people so it is not to hard to pack up.  However, our packing techniques are VERY different!  You might find it extremely funny to be a fly on the wall when we see how the other packs...haha.  This is our first move together.  The last move Andy was deployed so I did it myself, as far as packing.  Good experience and stories to tell...lol!  In addition, Andy ran a 1/2 marathon today and I ran 3 miles after returning from his race.  He did so well.  I think it was 1:56 time.  I am impressed and can't wait to get back out there with him.  My ankle/foot is doing a little better now that I am wearing orthodics, which allowed me to get to 3 miles today.  I have an MRI in April to see if there is any serious damage to my tendons, but I doubt there is.  Probably just overstressed from not having extra support for my arch.  We are planning on a 1/2 marathon on 25 Jul in San Francisco...over the golden gate bridge at 0630 in the morning!!! Crazy...yes we are.  We are going to do this with another friend and hopefully more.  So, I hope for good luck with my orthodics and ability to increase my mileage without further pain.  Now, that I know I can run 3 miles I am really looking forward to 8 May...I am run/walking a 5k with some girl friends in support of breast cancer research.  I have a donation website on my facebook page if you want to donate to the cause.  No pressure, just want ya to know.  Its amazing how many friends and family are affected by breast cancer.  Well, that is about all the excitement from us this weekend...well, besides having lots of homework to do but that is not exciting!  I am so proud of Andy's commitment to going to school.  I do envy his ability to take it all in with a relaxed mindset...no stress, no hurry, just a desire to learn.  I have so much to learn from him!  I love him lots and I am grateful we get to share our life together.  Okay, so here are a few pictures of our weekend and our home.  Have a great week!

Andy after finishing the 1/2 marathon.  He's smiling but exhausted!  He actually slept on the way home and he never sleeps when I drive!
Ahh...we look happy.  Disregard that he took a picture right before this that showed my true mood...GRUMPY!  I hated not being to run with him.
Side view of our wonderful front yard...we really lucked out with this one!
A depiction of what we plan on doing with the driveway...we have to extend it in order to have a place for Andy's jeep...boys an their toys!  The brown stuff is the fence in case that isn't self-explanatory.

2 comments:

Dad Mujica said...

Congratulations on the 1/2 Marathon and the 3 miles. I am sure that the race over the San Francisco bridge at 6:30 am is going to be fun, crazy,maybe but it is something you all enjoy so go for it. I hope you plan to sleep somewhere in SF unless someone else does the driving that day :-).
The house is looking great and I know that you all can not wait to move in so you can make it your home. Love you both lots, Dad and Mom Mujica.

Jenna said...

way to go guys! You must feel so accomplished.