Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Still Waiting...

Hi everyone...just thought I would take a minute to post something about our lives.  Nothing really interesting is happening lately, but life does go on.  Andy and I are studying VERY hard for our MSgt promotion test.  I have a really good shot and although Andy doesn't think he does, I know he is a very good test taker.  Of course promotion brings more money, but it will also bring more responsibility and/or opportunities for us!  So, 4 Feb is Andy's test date and 5 Feb is mine.  When those days are over we are going to spend the whole month of February enjoying our time because we both do not start classes again until March.  In the mean time we still are in limbo as to where our future is going to take us.  Andy's name is at headquarters for an instructor position here at Travis, which will keep us here for four more years.  We are happy with that because it will also put Andy on days with weekends off and that makes me SUPER happy.  We hear rumors that the only jobs Andy's career field can be released for are instructor positions within the career field...so our fingers are crossed for sure.  We are both trying to get back into the grove of working out and training for mountain bike races, and triathlon season.  Next year, I promise I will not take the holidays completely off...haha.  Its so much harder to get going again.  I have discovered digital scrapbooking...just getting into it, but I think I am going to really like it.  My sister is a great scrapbooker so hopefully I can use some of her templates to create digital books for my family.  Well, like I said not a whole lot going on right now.  We will keep everyone posted on news as it comes. 

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I know things will work out for you guys! Good luck on those tests!