Sunday, April 4, 2010

Home Updates...

We are ready to move starting Wednesday.  We have been busy over the last two weekends/week.  The downstairs is all painted, laundry room is painted, and the grout in the tile floor and the granite countertop is all sealed.  I feel like we should be on first name basis with lowe's and home depot with the amount of times I visited there lately.  We have been waiting for a long time to be able to do this so, its all good.  It is amazing how much there is to do to get a new home ready to move into.  I think I am a neat freak, because I actually felt the need to clean bathrooms, vacauum, etc...and its a NEW house...geez!  Well, there is a lot of construction dust left and a lot of dried up paint that needs to be scraped off or wiped off.  I just felt it wasn't clean enough because of that.  So, I worked on that a lot this weekend.  Andy has a real talent for painting and so, he has become the main painter while I do all the other duties that keep him focused on painting but still get stuff done around the house.  It helps me too, because I have to much of a perfectionistic personality and it was killing me to see the mistakes or flaws in my painting...but, I don't analyze it when Andy does it so it works out for us both.  I just need to remember and work on living in our home rather than trying to keep it brand new and perfect.  I love Andy for helping me with that and being patient with me.  We get our washer/dryer and refrigerator on Wednesday...and Friday we are moving the rest of the apartment that hasn't been moved yet (mainly furniture).  So, excited to be in and get settled!  Well, here are some pictures of this weekends progress.  I forgot to take pictures of the laundry room but it's still yellow just has a second coat. 






2 comments:

Dad Mujica said...

This is really looking good and I am glad that each of you have your own talent that way all the work gets done quicker and without too much drama, HA! HA!

We can not wait to see the whole package completed with all your furniture, I know it is going to look awesome.

I like the fact that you want to live in the home not the home being clean all the time since with you all's active life you will be slave to the home. Love you both lots and do not work too hard!

Dad and Mom Mujica

Jenna said...

I am so excited for you! It looks beautiful. I know what you mean about Lowe's and Home Depot. When we first got our house, we were there all the time! Good luck this week!